The Lima Metro, also called Tren Eléctrico, is a rapid transit system that serves the area of the cities of Lima and Callao, both of which make up the Lima metropolitan area, linking the district of Villa El Salvador in the south of Lima with San Juan de Lurigancho in the northeast of the same city.
It provides a transport link between different suburbs of the city with more than eight million people.
Encardio-rite supplied a comprehensive range of geotechnical instruments for monitoring the underground station and tunnel monitoring works. Instrumentation included:
- Automatic water pressure measurement system (around 10 systems)
- In-place inclinometer (around 408 sensors)
- Concrete pressure cells (around 75 no.)
- Shotcrete pressure cells (around 130 no.)
- Arc weldable strain gage (around 160 no.)
- Crack gage – mechanical (around 50 no.)
- Borehole extensometer system (single point and multipoint – electrical – around 30 sets)
- Portable readout units
- Datalogger (around 21 no.)