Khuga dam is constructed on Khuga River south of Churachandpur town (Manipur), India. It is an earthen dam for the purpose of supplying electricity and water to irrigate 15,000 ha of land, provide 10 million gallons for drinking water, and have installed a capacity of 7.5 MW hydropower.
The height of the dam above its lowest foundation is 38 m and its length is 230 m.
Encardio-rite was awarded the complete contract for supply as well as installation of safety monitoring instrumentation for the project including:
- Vibrating wire piezometer
- Open standpipe piezometer
- Water level sounder with 15 m cable
- Earth pressure cell (VW)
- Inclinometer system
- Horizontal magnetic probe extensometer
- Surface settlement points
- Automatic water level recorder
- Strong Motion Accelerograph
- Readout unit for vibrating wire sensors