Anchor bolt load cells, also commonly known as center hole load cells, are extensively used to determine the load in rock bolts, tiebacks, foundation anchors, cables, or struts depending on the application. They are also used for compressive load measurement between structural members i.e. tunnel supports or at the junction between a beam and the top of a pile strut.
Encardio Rite provides different types of anchor load cells as follows:
1. Resistive Strain gauge Load Cells: These are most commonly used. load cell and provide very accurate and reliable data.
2. Model ELC-30S Center Hole Load Cell: It is a resistive strain gauge-type load cell used to determine the load in rock bolts, tieback anchors, etc. through a center hole. It is based on the Wheatstone bridge principle and has eight 350 Ohm resistance strain gages, wired to form a 700 Ohm bridge, inside a cylinder of high steel strength. These eight gages are mounted around the circumference at 45 degrees to each other.
3. Model ELC-30S-H High Capacity Center Hole Load Cell: The ELC-30S-H is a high-capacity center hole resistive strain gauge type load cell. It comprises sixteen 350 Ohm resistance strain gages, wired to form a 1400 Ohm bridge, inside a stainless steel cylinder of high steel strength, in a load cell with a capacity above 5000 kN. The 3500/185 and 5000/202 load cells are welded using the electron beam welding technique.
4. Hydraulic Load Cells: These are fluid-filled with a vibrating wire pressure sensor attached to them, to convert the load into a frequency output. These are low-cost but are less accurate as they are affected by temperature.
5. Model ELC-31V Hydraulic Center Hole Load Cell: It is filled with fluid with a vibrating wire pressure sensor attached to it, to convert the load into a frequency output. A solid load cell for stress measurement in tunnel supports and struts is also available on request.
6. Vibrating load cells: These generally use three vibrating wire strain gauges mounted at 120° to each other to minimize the effect of uneven and eccentric loading. If specifically required, six vibrating wire strain gauges are also used. To determine the load, the average of the three (or six) readings is taken.
7. Model ELC-32V VW Center Hole Load Cell: It comprises a cylinder of high-strength martensitic stainless steel with three vibrating wire strain gauges mounted at 120 degrees to each other to minimize the effect of uneven and eccentric loading. To determine the load, an average of 3 readings is taken.
Our team will reach out to you in some time
Center Hole Load Cell
High Capacity Center Hole Load Cell
Hydraulic Center Hole Load Cell
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and get access to the latest industry trends,
insights & updates.
Already Subscribed your mail.
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.