Load Cell Application in the Geotechnical field:
- Determine the load in rock bolts, tiebacks, foundation anchors, cables or struts
- Proof test and monitor long-term performance of anchor systems
- Correlate data obtained from extensometers
- Perform load testing in piles
- Measure compressive load and axial force in struts
- Determine the load in experimental research, pile testing and measurement of the thrust of rocks.
Advantages of a Load Cell
- Load Cells have rugged & robust construction along with outstanding reliability and long term stability
- They are specially designed to suit the harsh & severe industrial environment.
- Load Cells are temperature compensated.
- They have a stable system with no moving parts and linkages.
- A few of them have multiple strain gages incorporated to reduce the positioning effect.
- Any standard strain gauge bridge measuring read-out device can be used with the load cells.
- The load cells have negligible side and eccentric load effects.
Encardio Rite's range of Load Cell include:
It is extensively used to determine the load in rock bolts, tiebacks, foundation anchors, cables or struts depending on the application. It is also used for compressive load measurement between structural members i.e. tunnel supports or at the junction between a beam and the top of a pile strut. The load applied to the cell can be measured by using any standard digital read-out unit suitable for resistance strain gauge applications.
Model ELC-30S-H High Capacity Centre Hole Load Cell
The Encardio Rite model ELC-30S-H is a precision-engineered high capacity load cell with a central cylindrical hole. It is specially designed for civil engineering applications. It is available in capacities ranging from 3500 kN to 10000 kN. It generally uses eight 350 Ohm resistance strain gages, wired to form a 700 Ohm Bridge for capacity 3500 kN and 5000 kN. For capacities above 5000 kN, sixteen 350 Ohm resistance strain gages are used to form 1400 Ohm Bridge.
Model ELC-31V - Hydraulic Centre Hole Load Cell
The Encardio Rite Model ELC-31V is a precision-engineered vibrating wire hydraulic centre hole load cell. It is fluid-filled and is constructed from stainless steel, and is available in capacities ranging from 250 kN to 2000 kN. The data from the vibrating wire pressure transducer can be read by the Model EDI-51V read-out data logger. The data can also be remotely read by the Model EDAS-10 automatic data acquisition system.
Model ELC-32V - VW Center Hole Load Cell
The Encardio Rite Model ELC-32V is a precision-engineered load cell sensor with a central cylindrical hole. It is available in capacities ranging from 250 kN to 3500 kN. Higher capacity load cells and those having an internal diameter different from the standard specified range are available on request.
The Encardio Rite model ELC-150S-H is a resistive strain gauge type precision-engineered, high capacity load cell sensor designed to measure large compressive load or axial forces. The high capacity compression load cell is extensively used for compressive load measurement during the testing of piles. For testing of piles at loads greater than 12,500 kN, more than one load cell can be used.
The Encardio Rite Model ELC-210S resistive strain gauge type compression load cell is a heavy-duty precision load cell. It is specially designed to meet the increasing demand in load measurement with a high degree of accuracy and reliability.