Any basic strain gauge sensor consists of an insulating flexible metallic foil backing. To measure the stress, the strain gauge is attached to the object using an adhesive. The deformation in the object causes the foil to get distorted thereby, changing the electrical resistivity of the foil.
Encardio Rite is the world’s leading manufacturer and supplier of some reliable, high-quality, and low-cost Strain Gauges.
It provides the remote digital readout of compressive and tensile strain in dams, bridges, underground cavities, tunnels, mines, steel structures and other areas of application where strain measurement is required. It provides significant quantitative data on the magnitude and distribution of compressive and tensile strain and its variations with time.
It is designed for embedment and measurement of strain in concrete structures like piles, diaphragm/slurry walls, bridge abutments, tunnel lining, dams, foundations etc. It contains a hollow bar with vibrating wire strain gage which is coaxially mounted inside it.
It is made up of stainless steel and has waterproofing to prevent any entrance of water. It is designed primarily for long-term strain measurement and is suitable for surface mounting by welding on steel structures such as bridges, piles, wye sections, pressure shafts, tunnel linings, and supports, etc.
Model EDS-20V-E Low-Range Embedment Strain Gauge
It is used to indirectly determine the stress and its variation with time, quantitatively. This type of strain gauge is suitable for embedment in soil or concrete. The sensor is made of stainless steel and has waterproofing to prevent any ingress of water.
It can be spot welded or epoxy bonded on steel structures and struts. It can also be epoxy bonded on concrete structures. A sensor coil housing mounted directly over the strain gage, completely encloses the sensor, forming a watertight enclosure.
Model EDS-21V SW High Range Arc Weldable Strain Gauge
It is designed to measure strain in steel or on the concrete surface of the composite structure. It is suitable for surface mounting by welding on steel structures such as bridges, piles, wye sections, pressure shafts, tunnel linings and supports, etc.
Strain Gauges Applications:
- Measure and monitor strain in concrete, rock and steel constructions
- Study stress distribution in the supporting ribs of underground cavities and tunnels
- Determine and measure stress in concrete and masonry dams
- Test wye sections
- Monitor stress in pressure shafts
- Measure strain in reinforced concrete structures, diaphragm slurry walls, concrete piles etc.
Encardio Rite’s Strain Gauge Equipment has impeccable advantages such as
- They are accurate, robust and low cost.
- They provide long-term stability and reliability
- Vibrating Wire Strain Gauge is hermetically sealed under a vacuum of 0.001 Torr, making it waterproof.
- They are made up of stainless steel that makes them enduring and versatile
- The strain gauges are ideal to be paired up with several other accessories
- They are fully encapsulated to protect against handling and installation damages.