Encardio-rite geotechnical sensors have been used in a number of bridge applications for long term performance and safety monitoring and for short term behavior under traffic loading. Some of our typical bridges and other projects instrumented by Encardio-rite are listed below:

India, 2nd Bridge On Narmada River, Zadeshwar

bridges-and-others

Location: Zadeshwar
Client: L & T
Contractor: Dar Consultants

The project includes a 1.4 km long segmental balanced cantilever type bridge, along with 4.6 km of approach roads. This award winning Second Bridge over the Narmada River near Zadeshwar, Gujarat, links Mumbai and Ahmedabad. Built in a record period of 32 months, this balanced cantilever type bridge connects Vadodara and Bharuch across Narmada River on NH-8. Bridge consists of 13 main spans of 96.2 m and 4.63 km of approach roads.

The project includes a 1.4 km long segmental balanced cantilever type bridge, along with 4.6 km of approach roads. This award winning Second Bridge over the Narmada River near Zadeshwar, Gujarat, links Mumbai and Ahmedabad. Built in a record period of 32 months, this balanced cantilever type bridge connects Vadodara and Bharuch across Narmada River on NH-8. Bridge consists of 13 main spans of 96.2 m and 4.63 km of approach roads. The project was executed through L & T ECC and consultants were Dar Consultants, UK.


Chiraiyatand Bridge

bridges-and-others

Location: Patna
Client: Bihar State Bridge Construction Corporation
Contractor: IRCON

The four-lane cable-stayed over bridge is the second of its kind in the country built with German technology jointly by the Bihar State Bridge Construction Corporation and IRCON. The bridge is around 110 m long and 20 m wide. While 42 cables being utilized for the over bridge, 22 cables have been used for completing two lanes of the bridge. The cables used by railways are imported from Germany and quality tested in Switzerland. The functioning of the over bridge is monitored through a computerized system. While 45 per cent of the load will be given on the cables in the beginning for easy traffic movement on the bridge, the railways are to reserve the remaining 55 per cent load capacity to meet any emergency due to the increasing traffic load. The over bridge had a special system to protect the cables in particular from the sun, water and rust. The total project expenditure ranged more than Rs 74 crore. The project is a joint venture of both the Railways and the state government.

Encardio-rite supplied instrumentation for the project. The four-lane cable-stayed over bridge is the second of its kind in the country built with German technology jointly by the Bihar State Bridge Construction Corporation and IRCON. The bridge is around 110 m long and 20 m wide. While 42 cables being utilized for the over bridge, 22 cables have been used for completing two lanes of the bridge. The cables used by railways are imported from Germany and quality tested in Switzerland. The functioning of the over bridge is monitored through a computerized system. While 45 per cent of the load will be given on the cables in the beginning for easy traffic movement on the bridge, the railways are to reserve the remaining 55 per cent load capacity to meet any emergency due to the increasing traffic load. The over bridge had a special system to protect the cables in particular from the sun, water and rust. The total project expenditure ranged more than Rs 74 crore. The project is a joint venture of both the Railways and the state government.

Yamuna Bridge, Naini-Allahabad

127_projects_Naini_Yamuna_Bridge

Location: Allahabad, India
Designer: HCC & Hyundai engineering and construction
Client: NHAI
Design: Cable-stayed Bridge

The project involves construction of a 630 m cable stayed bridge across river Yamuna, 3.9 km. long approach along new alignment of NH 27 and an under pass at the crossing of proposed road alignment with the existing railway line. This cable-stayed bridge is the India's biggest bridge of its kind. It is used as a roadway link between Allahabad and NH 27.

The total length of the bridge is 1510 m with a longest span of 260m which is supported by a cable which stays in a concrete anchor bridges.

Encardio-rite supplied no. of sensors for the project monitoring during construction of the bridge. The project involves construction of a 630 m cable stayed bridge across river Yamuna, 3.9 km. long approach along new alignment of NH 27 and an under pass at the crossing of proposed road alignment with the existing railway line. This cable-stayed bridge is the India's biggest bridge of its kind. It is used as a roadway link between Allahabad and NH 27. Owners of the project were National Highways Authority of India (NHAI). Contractors were JV HCC / Hyundai, consulting engineers were JV KOWI-SPAN/NHAI. The project completed in the year 2005.


Second Vivekanand Bridge Tollway Project

bridges-and-others

Location: Kolkata, India
Client: SVBTC & NHAI
Contractor: L & T ECC

The project includes 880 m long, 31.1 m wide cable stayed bridge and six-lane approaches on both sides with ramps. The Second Vivekananda Bridge is the first of its kind in the country as there is only one plane of cables holding up the 880 m bridge along the central median.

Instrumentation for the project is done by Encardio-rite. The project includes 880 m long, 31.1 m wide cable stayed bridge and six-lane approaches on both sides with ramps. The Second Vivekananda Bridge is the first of its kind in the country as there is only one plane of cables holding up the 880 m bridge along the central median. The project is under the SVBTC (Second Vivekananda Bridge Toll way Company Pvt. Ltd) & NHAI (National Highway Authority of India). The Contractors for the project are L & T ECC.

Allahabad Bypass Bridge Project

130_projects_Ganga_bridge_Alllahabad_Bypass

Location: Allahabad, India
Client: The Freyssinet Prestressed Concrete Co. Ltd.
Contractor: L & T ECC Division

The Allahabad Bypass Project is basically divided into three construction packages comprising one exclusive bridge package over the Ganga River of about 1.0 km in length and two 4-lane road construction packages in aggregate length of 87 km. Road packages include the construction of embankment/elevated structures, rigid pavement, minor bridges and other appurtenances. The Bridge package has two independent parallel bridges each accommodating a 7.5 m wide two lane carriageway and a 1.5 m wide pedestrian foot path. The bridges are located at a clear distance of 12 m to facilitate independent well sinking for the two bridges.


Jaipur Kishangarh NH-8 Expressway Road Project

128_projects_Jaipur-Kishangarh-Expressway

Location: Kishangarh, Jaipur, India
Client: SPV-GVK Jaipur Kishangarh Expressway Ltd.
Contractor: L & T ECC

Encardio-rite supplied instrumentation for the 542.4 lane km., six-lane Jaipur Kishangarh Project for ground improvement work. A expressway between Jaipur and Kishangarh on National Highway 8 (NH-8) was constructed through an SPV - GVK Jaipur-Kishangarh Expressway Ltd. The project involved construction of 90.4 KM of six-lane highway with flyovers and interchanges at major junctions. The instrumentation was done through L & T ECC. GVK Jaipur-Kishangarh Expressway project is the India's first largest six-lane BOT road project implemented by NHAI in India and built at a cost of 7.29 billion INR. The consultants for this project are French Engineering Consultants. The construction work was completed nearly six months ahead of schedule and it has been in operation since April 2005. The instruments supplied by us include: piezometer, inclinometers and settlement monitoring.

Padur Crude Oil Cavern

204_projects_padur_cavern_grouting

Location: Andhra Pradesh, India

Encardio-rite supplied, installed and monitored instruments at the Padur crude oil cavern. The instrument supplied through HCC (Hindustan Construction Company). The instruments supplied and installed include Bireflex targets, Multi point borehole extensometers and Tape extensometers.







Vizag Crude Oil Cavern

205_projects_vizag

Location: Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India

Encardio-rite supplied, installed and monitored instruments at the Vizag crude oil cavern. The instrument supplied through HCC. We have also done 3 D surveying for the project for one year. The instruments supplied and installed include Bireflex targets, Multi point borehole extensometers, Tape extensometers, Dip meters and Automatic ground water level monitoring systems.

Qatar, LNG Tank Foundation Instrumentation

rail-road-tunnels

Location: Doha,Qatar

Encardio-rite supplied, installed and monitored instruments at the Qatar LNG tank settlement monitoring. The instrument supplied through Kettaneh Construction W.L.L., Qatar (for IHI - Ishikawajima-Harima Industries Co. Ltd. Japan). The instruments supplied and installed include Bireflex targets and Multi point borehole extensometers.

  • a01
  • a02
  • a03
  • a04
  • a06
  • a07.jpg
  • a08
  • a09
  • a10
  • a12
  • a13
  • a14
  • b14
  • b15
  • a05
  • a11
  • b01
  • b02
  • b03
  • b04
  • b05
  • b06
  • b07
  • b08
  • b09
  • b10
  • b12
  • b13
  • b16
  • b17